Friday, October 29, 2010

Voter Fraud

By all accounts, the majority in both Congress and many state houses will turn on a small number of races rated as "toss-ups" or "in play". Along with this have been many reports of voting machine irregularities across the country. In my home state of North Carolina have come many reports of voters wishing to vote a straight Republican ticket and it showing up on the screen as something other than what the voter indicated.

Thanks to starting my morning reading with the Day By Day web cartoon, I found an app that is available for the iPhone, Droid, and Blackberry that contains pre-formatted reports (along with image capture) for reporting voter fraud and intimidation incidents that can be sent to the various Board of Elections. While this won't work for me as I don't own any of those phones and I have already voted early, I would encourage everyone who has one of those phones and who hasn't voted to download the app. It can be found here.

Professor Glenn Reynolds, the Instapundit, has been arguing for a return to the paper ballot for years. Given the ease with which it seems voting machines can be tampered with by those trying to pervert democracy and steal elections, I think he is on to something. I used to vote on a paper ballot and it was quick, easy, and efficient. I wish my county still was allowed to use that system by the NC Board of Elections.

No comments:

Post a Comment