Friday, January 14, 2011

Free Speech? Gun Rights? Not If Carolyn Has Her Way (updated)



From the Oath of Office she swore:

I, (name), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

The last I knew both the First and Second Amendments were part of the Constitution. What part of "support and defend the Constitution of the United States" does Congresswoman Carolyn McCarthy not understand?

UPDATE: Jacob at GunPoliticsNY.com has a draft copy of the proposed McCarthy magazine ban.Sebastian at Snow Flakes In Hell has some analysis of this draft bill.

Mccarthy Magazine Bill

1 comment:

  1. If you cross your fingers and/or toes, it doesn't count.

    ReplyDelete