Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Quote Of The Day

I have bad sinuses and suffer from chronic allergic sinusitis. Because of this and a desire to actually breath, I take Sudafed (pseudoephedrine) every day. Not just some days but every day. This means I have to subject myself to being treated like a potential meth lab operator a few times a month. It pisses me off each and every time and I curse the politicians who have imposed this on people like me.

Glenn Reynolds, the Instapundit, has an appropriate punishment for these politicians.
I think these people should be exposed to toddler snot, then locked in a freezing basement with a bag of ragweed pollen tied over their head until they develop a proper appreciation for the consequences of their policies. Judging by what I’m reading in comments, quite a few allergy sufferers agree.
I couldn't agree more.

2 comments:

  1. As a fellow sufferer of both chronic sinusitis and allergies, I'm with you 100%.

    But you have to admit, the restrictions on Sudafed have really impacted the prevalence of meth labs. Back before the ban on bulk Sudafed packs, there used to be a couple of meth labs in every city. Now it's all the way down to a couple of meth labs in every neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Graybeard: You may be right on that. However, the unintended consequence has been the rise of the drug cartels in Mexico. They have gone from transfer agents for the Colombians to manufacturers in their own right.

    I don't know about your area but I've been told by local law enforcement officers that most of the local WNC meth is coming from Mexico through Atlanta.

    ReplyDelete